Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Free

Walking. Long strides. My arms swaying naturally. Sweat trickling down my nose and forehead...I look up at the sky and thank the humid weather for that!

An obese black dog trotting behind it's briskly walking owners.

I duck as a soccer ball narrowly misses me.

Parineeta's "Kaisi paheli" on my ipod. Soon switches to the groovin beat of Hum Tum and then Maroon 5...


I start mouthing the lyrics as I walk...
Everyone else fades away...
I'm smiling to myself.
Not because of anything.
I just feel free enough...
From worry, from expectation, from guilt, from fear, from any of that stuff...

Free enough to smile.

At nothing at all.

:-)

3 comments:

Eye of the Needle said...

Smiling is good but where have u disappeared :)

Neha Sahi said...

Oh, I can toootallly relate to this feeling... I've got it too.. :)

Rahil Arora said...

The free-wheeling spirit... :)
if u remember one of cadbury's many wonderful ads was Khamkha which was much the same...

Khamakha muskuraoon khamakha gungunaoon khamakha machal jaaoon main
main khush hoon aaj khamakha, main khush hoon aaj khamakhaaaaaaaaa yaaaron

:)