Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The light in your eyes...

I wrote this many years ago...it still makes my spine tingle. It carries with it the warmth, the passion and the magical connection between souls...a connection that must end...and with a heavy heart I bid it farewell. There is, however, this poem to remind me for years to come...what magic feels like...

The light in your eyes

The light in your eyes has won me over, beloved.
I am alive again.
A part of me, long forgotten, I had hidden away,
Kept in a secret corner of my heart.
But in your presence now, I feel safe
Safe to rediscover those long forgotten parts of myself
Somehow, with you, I know
That my beauty cannot be hurt.
And I am happy
In the joy
Of finding an old friend.
The light in your eyes has won me over, beloved.
I am alive again.

2 comments:

Rahil Arora said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Bhavna said...

Very well written